Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Confession: NB old post I am back on raw

Hi guys,
I have made a decision today after many months of not feeling well and having struggled mentally.
Some might know my history of having great issues with sticking to 811. I always blamed myself, told myself that I had a lack of willpower. I followed every advice - enough calories, sleep and water - yet were not able to stick to it. The struggles has led me to a lot of gained knowledge about myself. Which I am so gratefull for. But unfortunately it has also led to some cavities, a lot of gained weight, acne and some really rough times mentally.
I know that the environment I am right now, is not suitable for 811 at all. When I am 811, I feel everything much more and I become extremely sensitive to energies, stress and other people. Therefor I have now accepted the fact that it is better for me to go on a cooked, low fat, no junk vegan diet adn stay consistent on that rather than going back and forth on fruit and vegan high fat junk! I plan on letting my diet consist of potatoes, brown rice, glutenfree pasta and glutenfree flours, beans, greens, fruits off course, soymilk and ricemilk, oats, tofu, ryebread and generally lowfat and lowsodium (salt).
I know that 811 is the most optimal diet I know of, so far, and man it has made me feel awesome and the best I ever had! But unfortunately the going back to cooked has also made med feel the worst sometimes. So until I get in a suitable environment, I will not let myself go on that rollercoaster anymore and I am going to accept where I am right now.
For you guys out there, being able to stick to it, I hope you are really proud of yourself, it is a major achievement! This diet has led me to discover a whole new world, and so many things about myself. And I know for sure, that I am going to encounter it again as soon as I reenter a good environment :)
Thank you for reading this, I wish you a fruitty day!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cecilie. That's great. I hope you will feel better now, even low fat vegan cooked diet is very healthy. All raw is the best, but if someone is really struggling it's easier with some cooked foods included. I eat cooked vegan dinner every day and feel good. I usually felt very bloated after rice so I don't include it into my diet at all and I eat just potatoes or sweetpotatoes and sometimes gluten-free corn or bean pasta!
    I wish you a fruity/veggie day:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Cecilie I know how you feel and I have experienced similar things. Going back and forth can be really draining and a struggle. My problem is that as soon as I get busy/stressed or have deadlines at work I drop the diet and start drinking coffee. So I was going to resign myself and say that I will try to be mainly raw and still have coffee when I think it will help me with my work. But ultimately I know that if I stuck with the diet I would ideally get much more energy and brain boost from the diet than I get from coffee. Maybe when I do my PhD I can have more control over my work patterns and pace myself better so avoid deadline crunches where I need to have coffee. But yeah, I hear you! I think with enough attempts it will get easier and easier and eventually, though it might take years, you (and I) will get to a place where we dont need to go back to the cooked stuff as much or at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dear :)
      I am glad you think that way! this blogpost is a bit old and I have now been 100% 811 raw for 2 months :) it was like once i accepted that i couldn't be perfect, i could stay raw, i accepted myself for once!
      have a fruity day

      Delete