Wednesday, May 30, 2012

To find a balance

Balance is the keyword for most things in life, especially when we need to relearn to balance in such a unbalanced world. Therefore I know this headline might be very wide, but I am focusing on a specific subject today. A subject I had to learn the hard way and therefore hope to help others understand before that.
The topic I focus on today is finding a balance between when to tell people about this lifestyle, about veganism and other controversial topics. At the beginning of this lifestyle I wanted every single person to know, because it was just so wonderfull! And I had all this new knowledge, I was like a newborn child seeing the world for the first time and I wanted everyone else to have this experience. I was so eager and passionate but everytime I lived out this passion, I was hardly smacked to the floor. I told my friends and family and they got so mad at me, telling me I was prieching. And I stood there, in confusion, not understanding. Because all I really wanted was for their best! And then after a while I realized... Who am I to judge what is best for others? Do not misunderstand me, I have no doubt that 811, veganism and a lot of other things for sure can help people a lot, but it can only help them if they truly want the best for themselves. And if the seek the information themselves.
I have come to realize that people feel so offended and all they hear me say is "what you are doing is wrong, you are stupid". Even though I have no intention saying those things. Theese discussions always left me so drained and sad, that I figured I had to protect myself. I simply stopped saying anything unless people asked. And what I find really important to say, is that it is simply the best for me, off course there are all theese examples and all this science, but I cannot really say what would be best for others.
Then peoples interest start to grow. The see that I am doing this thing, I keep doing it, I keep feeling better, but they do not know what it is. And when they ask about it, I really keep it low.
The most significant thing you can do, is be the example you want to se in others. Words a often misused and they can never really say much, actions says a lot!
If you want to see a change in the world, it has to start with you. One by one, you will start to influence people near you.

This is NOT a war. It is NOT a battle. Spreading veganism should be done with love, joy, not anger. Anger lead to anger. So remember to understand where people come from, believe that they have good intentions, deep down and when you try to spread the word, do it with as much love and compassion as possible. Judge by the feeling in you; do you feel drained, angry or sad during or afterwards? Or do you feel lighter, more loving, happy?

Please leave any comments :) Sometimes I wonder if my posts really get to people or if I am the only who understands the thoughts going through my body.

Much love!

2 comments: