Saturday, March 23, 2013

Transitioning?

Hi all you fruit lovers :)

This post is going to be about transitioning, what my experience is and what I recommend.
Some people can go raw from one day to another and never look back. This only happens in the few, so to those of you who struggle a bit more with craving I have a piece of advice.

First of all, treat yourself with love as best as you can. Be kind to yourself and understand that you are always doing the best you can at the time! As long as you keep your goal in mind, you are gonna get there, no matter the journey. We tend to beat ourselves up, because we think we are not gonna move unless we do that, but what we resist persists, so we are only adding energy to the craving and other negative emotions. I will soon make a blog post about how much our cravings are really mental and how we can work with that and not against it.

Secondly you can chose to transition more gradually towards raw. That is what I have been doing and found to work really efficiently. Before I was more of an "all or nothing" kind of person and that led me to eat lots of vegan junk when I did not eat raw.

If you come from a SAD (Standard American Diet), I would recommend to replace one meal at a time. Start with breakfast and keep all your other meals vegan and low fat. 2 weeks later replace lunch. 2 weeks later cut out all salt, gluten and other processed foods. 2 weeks later go all raw. By that time you have slowly detoxed and gotten your taste buds and mind used to eating in a new way.

If you come from a vegan junk diet follow the above.

If you come from a low fat vegan diet - or a partly raw diet, I would start replacing both lunch and breakfast. And for dinner I would eat very simply, like potatoes, quinoa, rice with herbs and fresh/boiled vegetables. Only eat rice occasionally as it is a grain, which is quite acidic forming in the body temple.

I do not eat any salt and I do not miss it! I used to see myself as a salt addict and it was the one thing that was hard for me to give up. But going more slowly, allowing cooked has helped me cut it out. My tricks are to put some lime juice on the rice/quinoa and lots of herbs like fresh dill, coriander, parsley etc.

Going to this stage, allowing myself to transition, is a huge improvement in my mindset. It is a more forgiving mindset than the "all or nothing", "be perfect or give up". So if you struggle with cravings and come to this place, it is a great step closer to being raw. Being fully raw only happens with the right mindset, and it is a lifestyle of love, so only treating ourselves with love will bring us there. I will explain this further in the next blog post so stay tuned.

Please let me know if my advice was of any help for you :) Let me know if there is anything YOU would like to know/ hear about.

My intention with this blog, is to bring love, peace and acceptance to you, and this blog is dedicated to YOU :)

No comments:

Post a Comment