Thursday, August 9, 2012

An experiment of healing my shoulder and the lessons

As some of you may know, I pulled my shoulder muscle some months ago because I started a very intense astanga practice. Back then it taught me to slow down and accept the pace that was right for me, plus rest! I slowed down but still had discomforts during the practice, the biggest discomfort mental. I was still pacing myself not accepting the state I was in. A month ago I finally accepted where I was and did my practice with love and only practiced max 3 times a week. I vizualised myself doing the postures right and I improved more than ever.

Since sunday, after a very stressfull week, I suddenly started to have very intense pain again and felt like the muscle could not relax. I am taking this as an important lesson and as a opportunity to experiment with new techniques of healing. I will make a list below of techniques I am trying and I will make a weekly update:

- eating all clean (high carb, raw, no spice)
- Getting sufficient sleep, water, sun
- only sitting on the flor, spine straight, no sofa or chairs if possible
- watching my posture while walking and standing
- only walking barefoot
- be in nature everyday and put contact with the earth on my shoulder
- be kind to myself and everything around me emotionally
- before sleep, sending healing energy and imagining a healthy strong shoulder



If you have any to add, please let me know!
I will try and keep my 3 day of astanga practice and see how that goes. I have a good feeling about it and I am interested in seeing the progress :)

No comments:

Post a Comment