Sunday, May 20, 2012

Patience and selflove

Hi guys,
I am still learning so much and I would like to give you guys a sneekpeak on some of the important things I am learning.
A lot of people, especially women, come to this lifestyle with the goal looking like Freelee or other slimbean fruiteaters within 3 months. Some guys come here to gain musclemass or fitnessgoals. And it is a tendency in this society, that if we do not see results right away, it doesn't work. Patience is hardly existing. What people look at, is merely the goal and they forget to love the path that leads to it.
The thing is, that a lot of people, who go to this lifestyle with a background of abuse. By abuse I mean: coffee, stimulants, meat, lowcarb fads, restricting calories, over exersizing, undersleeping, drug- or alcoholabuse etc. The list is long because this society fosters people into abuse. When you have that background, it is pretty much inevitable that your body needs to heal and have some recovery time. And some of you neewbies out there might be facepalming right now thinking "my god, I never asked for this, please just give results!". But guess what, your body is fighting for you. You body will always fight FOR you, you can choose to fight WITH it or AGAINST it.

I, myself, came to this lifestyle with a very goalorientated mindset. I wanted results and it couldn't happen quick enough. And I hated that I gained weight, I hated that I got acne. And I have come to realize how selfdestructive that is. No wonder it is, we live in a selfdestructive world. But we can choose to step out of the boxes and start feeling and loving our own body.
Detox is such a magnificant thing, it is the body fighting against all the violence we have brought to it throughout years. Not just physical, but especially mentally. People tend to forget or doesn't seem to realize how important the mental state is. So when you detox and hate your body for not giving you results right away, you give more poison to it, to digest. Be friends with your body, you cannot escape it :)
I have started to realize the importance of selflove and how every single action we make, is a good measure of the amount of selflove we have towards ourself. Coloring your hair, putting on makeup, is that selflove? Or are you rather trying to hide a part of yourself and therefore do a act of selfhatred?

So how can this post help you?
Every journey we go on in life, may be tough, but we can choose to dwell in the toughnes of it and contribute to it by emotional poise or we can choose to se the beauty in it. Often, life really just is what we make it.
Maybe you can also start to be aware of the actions of selflove or selfhatred. I cannot tell you exactly which is which, it all depends on the feeling inside of you. When you push yourself to go on that run, you do not really wanna go on, but think "well, it is good for me", question is, is it really good? Do you have pleasent emotions before and during the run? If not, it probably isn't good for you, it is not selflove. Then you might think, "but I feel good afterwards". But you just poisened yourself with bad feeelings before and during, then afterwards, doesn't really do much for you. Maybe wait to the day where you wake up and can feel every cell in your body just wanting to go on that run. And then feel the difference in before, during and after emotions.
It is quite a task, since we all, during all our life, have been taught to do things, that are unpleasent for us, taught to finish our plate even though we were full, to not do this or that. So it might take time and sometimes it takes unpleasent discoveries. What we thought were selflove and good for us, turns out not to be in some cases.




It is completely your own choice to take this to consideration or not. I just wanted to share because it has helped me so much and made me realize so many things. Once I get my background story posted, you will se what an abusive background I come from and I cannot explain how gratefull I am for where I am today! Though I still have a long road, and I find that wonderfull :) Detox, healing is very beautifull!

I wish you all a very sunny and sweet day!

2 comments: