Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Thailand march 2012 part 1

I was so smart to go to thailand without my password for the blog, so I didn't have a chance to blog while I was there. Maybe a good thing, so I could enjoy the fruits and nature instead.
My idea of going to thailand was to get away from my usual suroundings, which often can contain a lot of pain and bad habbits. I wanted to spend time internalizing and finding my inner voice, the real me.

All that for sure did happen. And what a setnback to go home! But I still carry the seeds from the trip and they grow every day.

I will try and tell how my trip was, as good and thoroughly as possible.

Never listen to an undercarbed mind!

I arrived at Surat Thani the 26/2 to stay at a yogateatchers home. She is one of my moms friends and were so kind to give me shelter the first couple of days. I hadn't eaten during the whole plantrip and I was dehydrated and underslept. So I felt quite shitty to say the least. My brain didn't function and I did not have energy to meet a new person and stay in her home. I interpreted every situation in a bad way and I could not think straight. So I chose to stay at a hotel. A good lesson from that is always to give myself kind sorroundings after a planetrip. And to not ever listen to an undercarbed mind! Man, the
ideas and things I can convince myself. This really emphasize how important it is to stay carbed up.

Arriving at koh phangan
My main destination for this trip was the little island near Samui, called Phangan. It is a beautifull Island that is famous for its fullmoon parties. Something I gladly avoided. I stayed in the Bain tai are the first couple of weeks. I felt save since it was close to Thong Sala (the fruits) and I had found myself a fitness center and yogaplace nearby. I am to learn later, though, to never let fear guide me. Do not stay in your safe zone! I will get back to that in part 2.


Meeting likeminded people and my first durian
After chilling at the beautifull beach for some days, you can see on the pictures, I went to meet with Jack and Daniela from 30bad. 2 beautifull people that have helped me a lot. It was one of the first meetups with likeminded and fruitloving people. And man that does the difference. It is so important to sorround yourself with people that have positive energies, support yuor ways and believes and live a healthy life.
We bought a durian and that was my first one. It tasted so spicy and I did not like it! On the pic you see Daniela gladly munching the thing.


FruitI guess you all wanna hear about the fruits? One word describes it: heaven. Since I come from Denmark, it does not take much to beat the fruits I know. The fruits there just taste so... complete. So sweet, ripe, sunny and full of nutrients. The first bite I took was a pineapple. It was in the middle of the night, I had jetlag, hadn't eaten and woke up absolutely starving. My thaifriend had given me this pineapple that was from her friends backyard. I sat in my hotel roome eaten the thing with my bare hands and I had pineapple juice all over my body. But it was amazing. That is probably the most orgasmic food experience I have ever had. It beats every michelin started restaurant.
On Phangan the fruits are a little expensive and the variety a little small since almost everything is shipped. They have banana, durian, pineapple and papaya, everything else is shipped. The big city of the island is called Thong sala and you find a fruitmarket there. I only shopped at the first lady on the right. She was so sweet and had the best qaulity of fruits.
My favourites are without a doubt pineapple and dragonfruits, especially the pink ones. The smell, their richness, you do not find anything better than that!


The law of attractionI knew I wanted to do a lot of yoga, something I have always loved, but haven't done much out of. So I went to a place in the nearby area called Siam healingcenter. They had Hatha yoga every morning at 9.30. The first yoga teatcher I encountered was a german guy called Burckhard Langemann (if you couldn't guess by his name, that he is german lol). He was so enthusiastic about the fact that I only eat fresh fruit and greens and it was really a new experience for me to meet someone that reacted that way. Everyone in DK, despite the fruitarians I know, think it is quite strange that I eat the way, I do.
As it turned out, Burckhard held a meditation retreat in the mountains on the island. Something suited perfectly for me!  The decision to go on the retreat led to many amazing things. Just to think what would have happened if I hadn't showed up for that yoga class. Everything that needs to happen, will happen. All the amazing things that happened linke to this retreat, will be revealed in Thailand part 2!




2 comments:

  1. Really great post Cecilie! I definitely look forward to part 2 - I really admire your courage to follow your dreams and take on adventures by yourself! Very inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Mette, your kind words warm my heart :)

    ReplyDelete