Saturday, March 31, 2012

Thailand 2012 part 2

The meditationretreat

The meditationretreat was a one of a kind experience. It was 3 intense days with no talking, no listening to music or reading books, no eyecontact and no leaving the area. It was tough, but lead me to great experiences also.
At the end of the retreat people were eager to talk to each other. As it turned out, one of the participents were danish! It was a man around my dads age, who had gone to the area to get rid of his selfdestructive habbits. He really inspired me, with his courage to face his bad habbits (smoking, drinking, eating very bad foods).
There were a lot of voluenterring girls from USA. People were eager to know about the massive fruitcossumptions they had vitnessed the past days. And for the first time ever, they met my lifestyle with curiousity and acceptance. They were really interested in it and they wanted to hear about all the books I had read and buy them themselves. It was a great positive experience for me, to finally meet some positivity regarding my lifestyle. The girls were also very into spirituality and provegan (just turned vegan themselves) so that night gave me a lot of good energy.

Plans never work

As I have encountered a million times so far, plans never turn out as plans! I have always been sort of a disorganized controlfreak, which is, as you probably guessed, a combo abombo. It leads to a lot of unnecessary stress. And I am slowly getting out of this habbit, because every single plan I make, that is more than just a week ahead, never turn out they way I plan. It is a good reminder just to stay in the present moment.
The only thing I had planned for my trip was a location to sleep at. I had booked it some months in advane to be sure to have a place to sleep. But as it turns out, it is no problem to find a good place to sleep on the island without booking in advance.
The place I booked was not just lousy, to say the least, but also expensive. It was called charm beach and for sure didn't live up to it's name. First of all, it had a little money tied to a tree 24.7, a sight that pained me every time I saw it. Second of all, it was owned by a british man, that, the first night I arrived, talked a bout how he beat up this guy when he was drunk.
The room had a whole in the wall and the bed was as hard as stone... I kind of laughed of all this because I had the reminder of not planning so many times. I am slowly letting go of it and wow what an ease! And the best thing; everything sorts out just perfectly, in fact more perfect if I had planned. And I do not have to worry about anything. The biggest challenge , though, is to live in a society that really works against it. People around think I am nuts and doomed to "not have a future" as they put it. It is a challenge not to get affected by those energies and oppinions, but challenges are only here to be beaten :)

Carb up!

Boy how important it is to eat enough! Soon I will make a post about my journey, but it has been a bumpy ride. I have fallen of the wagon tons of time and started to finally stabilize before the trip and long in the trip. But at the meditationretreat I had bad acces to fruit and ate around 800-1000 cals a day! I was severaly undercarbed and it led me to eating lots of rice, veggies og veggiesoups when I got back to town. It really affected my body and mind and once reminded me how crucial it is to eat enough! I stayed in the vicious circle until I finally left the area.

15 of the sweetest Nam Doik mangoes. Just enough for two meals!

The grand finale

The meditationretreat led me to looking for other good retreat places. I stumbled over Koh phangan yoga retreat, which I somehow was most attracted to among all the retreats on the island. I had first booked 10 day chakraretreat, but then changed my mind to 5 day yogaretreat and changed the date two times (again, plans never work lol). As it turns out, it was perfect that theese changes happened!
Because of my vicious encounter with cooked food, I didn't feel like going to the retreat. I didn't feel like anything really. But luckely, from the help og Daniela, I decided to go, which turned out to be the most important decision of this trip (besides the decision of going on the trip). As it turned out, they had a guestteatcher at the retreat, at the time I attended it. It was their indian teatcher, Sri V. shesadri, who has taught Astanga yoga for 30 years. Throughout my trip, I had avoided astanga classes since everyone talked about it as being very strenght based and tough. But at the retreat I had astanga every morning at 7. And boy what a perfect match. I fell totally in love with the practice and the shesadri put me in potions I never thought possible.
Besides the wonderfull encounter with yoga, I met some wonderful people at the retreat. The energy at the retreat is so good, you feel like you really belong there and a very important thing is that they were very welcoming about my diet. They actually had had a lot of frutarians there!
I met this one guy, Tree, from australia, who really is a original guy.He also ate tons of fruit and felt inspired by the fact that I only eat fruit. We shared a lot of mangomeals :D he is one of theese person that seems to be 100% in contact with his own nature and is so relaxed and accepting about everything aorund him. He is 40 and works about one month a year. He manages to get almost everything for free because he simply trust in the universe to solve things for him. And it does! When I get a little neurotic and worry to much, I always hear his voice say "breath in, breath out"..
The stay at the yoga retreat led through a inner journey quite fast and it made me realize some things I never thought I could realize so fast. Something that will be explained in Thailand 2012 part 3.
The view from the yogaclass.

No comments:

Post a Comment