Sunday, April 22, 2012

What??! I also need to rest?

Yes, rest. Something that is being highly neglected among people in modern society. In fact also by me until recently.
Exersize is something we get told to do a lot of and it is always told how good it is for us. But it is actually also very important to remember that when we use our bodies, we also need to rest them.
With my ED, I also started exersizing a lot. A whole lot. And I always thought it was such a good thing, everyone told me that. And sure it is... If you also give your body adequate fuel and rest!
So when I started raw off course I kept up with my exersizing habbits. I wanted to be a lean bean and everyone said that daily sweatsession were good!
But when you come from a background of abusing your body, what it needs might actually be rest. I have learned this the hard way since I lately have been soooo tired even though i sleep 10-12 hours a night. And the past days I have had a shoulderinjury that has enabled me of doing any exersize whatsoever. This forcerest let me to a highly anxious state of mind. I then realized how obsessive I have been about the exersize since I felt hopeless, depressed and anxious without it.

My point here is, if you come from a background of abuse, you need to give your body rest. Maybe the first months. Let it heal. I highly suspect that the fact that I exersized so much when trying to start on this lifestyle, is one of the reasons why I fell of the wagon so much. And I suspect a lot of my weight gain to be inflammation because I have been stressing my body so much.
In fact I were not aware of this pattern until several people, even Durianrider, told me that I exersized to much. Exersize has to be done with love for your body and not because you have to.
So for you very ambitious people out there, remember give your body rest. Emotionally, mentally and physically. This lifestyle is about loving your body and giving it the best. You can start exersizing when you have so much energy that you cannot stop yourself.
Look at animals in nature. They rest like crazy. We can learn so much from them :)



Sleep like you never slept before, eat like it is the last meal, love like there is no tomorrow.

A great thanks to Mickey and Cecilllia for helping me realize tromendous things and for supporting me consistenly!

No comments:

Post a Comment